Intersections Media Opportunities for Youth Society is seeking participants for our 2016-17 program year. Each program includes a 4 week digital media and employment skills training workshop, followed by a 210 hour work experience placement.
If you are...
- 18-30 and living in the Lower Mainland.
- Interested in learning film and video production skills, and exploring your artistic side;
- Face barriers to employment and/or education;
- Not on EI or currently involved in EI based programs and have never participated in a Service Canada Skills Link program;
- Legally eligible to work in British Columbia;
- Looking to work and can commit to a Monday – Friday work week;
... then we would like to hear from you!
There will be a total of eight participants per workshop and you will be paid minimum wage ($10.85/hour) during your time at Intersections.
Intersections' goal is to help its participants take steps towards long-term attachment to the workforce, or continued education. Through an exciting and innovative workshop format incorporating life lessons and state-of-the-art technology, Intersections provides youth with the tools and skills needed to create video projects at a basic level.
If you are interested and meet the above eligibility requirements, please complete our
on-line application form.
For more information:
Direct Line: 604-218-9322